Opaque glass known by other names as translucent glass, obscure glass, frosted glass is a stylish and elegant glass choice given preference by homeowners who hold being secluded dear.
Privacy and seclusion are not the only advantages that come with using opaque glass. Opaque glass provides a wide range of benefits to business owners and homeowners. It adds creativity to the look of your home and office, among others.
1. For Executive look
The glass used in the office environment helps to produce a modern and trendy workplace. Give an executive look that glass adds to your office space an extra touch by adding a translucent glass to the equation. It will switch up the style of your workplace without cutting down on the privacy of your employees.
2. Frosted glass boosts privacy
Opaque glass use in the bathroom can magnify the design without sacrificing your privacy. Should someone walk in on you in the bathroom, you are guaranteed seclusion from their view.
3. Introductory statement
Glass doors are visually appealing and stylish, but no one wants to have people or visitors looking directly into the home from the front door. An elegant and glamorous solution to this is to use opaque glass on your glass doors. An obscure glass door will dazzle visitors and friends when they visit your home before even stepping in.
4. Bold window statements
Opaque glass use in windows will give your home a unique look while at the same time keep your home affairs private and also helps you keep the heat out of the home. Opaque window will keep the temperature in the house cool and also make your home appear fresh and trendy.
5. Prevent damage to your furniture
Translucent glass is adept at blocking out ultraviolet rays. Continually exposing your furniture to UV rays will slowly harm furniture coverings, carpet, wood, and other furnishings.
A translucent window glass will keep UV rays out of your homes and offices and will prevent your furniture from quickly losing their shine. This will keep them looking modern and new.
PLACES SUITABLE FOR THE USE OF OPAQUE GLASS
The use of opaque glass is ideal in the following places.
The use of opaque glass in the bathroom comes with lots of benefits. They include:
- The use of opaque glass in the bathroom creates a unique look that is creative and visually appealing.
- Opaque glass used in the bathroom as glass windows or shower enclosures, grants you privacy from outsiders. It also keeps you protected if someone suddenly walks into the bathroom.
- Opaque glass brightens up the atmosphere in the bathroom without sacrificing privacy.
- Also, opaque glasses are energy efficient. They keep out heat from the bathroom when the temperature outside is hot and is also useful for keeping the cold out during winter.
If you want to improve the overall look of your bathroom with a creative feel, opaque glasses are the way to go.
2. OFFICE AND OFFICE MEETING ROOMS
Office designs have evolved from the cubicle days to open concept, and the current trend is a blend of both. What are the benefits of using opaque glass in the office and office meeting rooms?
- It creates a bright ambiance in the office as well as the meeting room. The opaque glass allows natural light in without baring your affairs to everyone like a transparent glass would.
- In the office meeting rooms, you need the meeting and discussions to be as private as possible, and this is what an opaque glass offers you. Privacy in your conferences and office activities while scoring a point in the modern and stylish office look.
- Opaque glass protects you and other members of the workforce from harmful ultraviolet rays as well as office furniture too. Constant exposure of the office furniture to UV rays will get them damaged, and opaque glass will prevent this from happening.
- Spend less on maintaining opaque glass in the office. They are durable and require little to no maintenance. Simply cleaning them with a glass cleaner and soft microfiber cloth will keep the look of the office clean and sharp.
- Similarly, opaque glass is long-lasting and safe to use in the office environment.
Opaque glass is versatile and comes with lots of benefits for use in the office.
3. WALL SEPARATORS
Wall separators are commonly used in offices and official environments. Using opaque glass as wall separators offer the following benefits:
- Opaque glass preserves the openness primarily when used in the office environment, unlike using drywalls as separators.
- As opaque glass gives the added benefit of openness, it also creates privacy that is needed, especially in the office environment.
- Opaque glass wall separators are unique and stylish. They look fantastic in use, and they improve the overall look of the environment.
- They are durable, sturdy, and will adapt to the activities around them compared to using drywalls as separators.
- Opaque wall separators are easy to clean and maintain by simply cleaning the glass regularly. Drywall separators on the hand will need much more than cleaning to keep it maintained and sharp.
4. THE STUDY AND HOME OFFICE
The study is one of the places where opaque glasses can be utilized.
- The use of opaque glass doors and windows in home offices and studies will prevent excess light from coming into the study while still creating a bright ambiance.
- It gives the home office the privacy you need whenever you are in there, especially if the study or home office is marked out with an opaque wall separator.
- Home offices and studies do not have to look boring and dull, and an opaque glass addition can instantly transform the environment into a bright and interesting one.
5. THE BEDROOM
- Opaque glass use, whether as windows or doors in the bedroom, provides privacy. It keeps the affairs of the bedroom away from people.
- Opaque glass also adds creative beauty and visual appeal to the overall look of the bedroom.
- It helps to keep the room temperature stable by keeping out heat during hot weather and the cold in the winter.