Hosting a party is both an exciting and intimidating task. On the one hand, gathering the people you like can be a rewarding experience. On the other hand, trying to ensure everyone has fun and enjoys themselves might overwhelm you. Still, you shouldn’t be afraid of the party planning process — following a few simple steps will help you put off an outstanding party at home.
Apart from setting up a party budget and choosing a date, you must create a guest list, decide on a theme and decorations, clean the house, and prepare food and beverages. Below, you will find a brief party planning guide to help you make this process more manageable and enjoyable. Continue reading to ensure that your house party runs smoothly!
Step 1: Set a Date and Create a Budget
Choosing a suitable date for your party is the first step to take. This way, you can plan your budget accordingly and ensure you’ll have enough money to pay rent or other expenses. You should also budget for decorations, food, drinks, and entertainment. Some of the suggested expenses include:
- Decorations — If you want to decorate your house for the occasion and set up a theme, you’ll need to purchase garlands, cutlery and plates, tablecloths, and other supplies. Additionally, you’ll have to pay a couple of dollars for helium balloons and flowers. If you throw a party to celebrate a particular occasion, you may also want to pick some Trending Customs Gifts or other memorabilia for your guests.
- Food and Drinks — If you plan to host a dinner party, you must buy food and drinks. For instance, if you plan on having a barbeque, you’ll have to purchase steaks, sausages, and burgers. Regardless of the occasion, you must also buy water, soda, and ice drinks. While alcoholic beverages are more expensive, you can purchase a lot of them at a discount if you buy them in bulk. In addition, you’ll need to purchase soft drinks and juices for non-alcoholic guests.
- Entertainment — Playing games and listening to upbeat music is great fun at a party. You can either purchase some board games or cards or get free games online. Playing music should also not be an issue, as many streaming services have many different songs. Nonetheless, if you want to have a DJ, you’ll have to pay for their services. In fact, with only an indoor putting green that fits your budget and space, you enjoy indoor golf with friends! Indeed, games can be had anywhere in the home and with what you have (it saves you money too).
Step 2: Create a Guest List
Once you have decided on the date and budget, you can create a guest list of the people you want to invite to your party. It is best to limit the number of guests to 20-25 people, primarily if the event is held at home. Remember that inviting the whole neighborhood is unnecessary — instead, choose only your relatives or colleagues.
The list shouldn’t include only your family members and your close friends. Remember that they might be busy, and you can’t count on them showing up. Therefore, asking them in advance if they plan on attending the party is best.
Step 3: Decide on the Theme
Once you have the guest list ready, it is time to plan the theme for the party. Doing this will allow you to know what kind of food and beverages you should prepare and set the mood for the event. The theme will help with deciding on what kind of decorations to choose, as well. From banners to streamers and from balloons to inflatables options are endless. Incorporating inflatables is a fun method to improve your decorations and make them stand out. These inflatable party decorations may liven up the mood of any celebration. If we take a space-themed party and incorporate custom Inflatables blow-up designs like planets, rockets, and aliens to create an otherworldly atmosphere, then we will have the perfect result. Some of the popular themes include:
- Movie Night — If you want to watch a movie with your friends, you might need to rent the DVD or find where to stream it online in advance. In addition, you’ll need to purchase snacks and drinks. All you have to do is choose a unique movie, turn your house into a theatre, and celebrate with popcorn and other cinema snacks.
- Barbeque — If you want to host a summer party, having a barbeque is a great idea. You will need to buy food, drinks, and serving utensils and plates.
- Pool Party — If you have a swimming pool in your backyard, you’ll have a great time hosting your friends by the pool. Instead of making any meals yourself, you can simply order pizza or Chinese food.
Step 4: Clean the House
You will need to clean the house before your guests arrive. This way, you will make your guests feel comfortable and relaxed. Ensure you empty the trash bins, vacuum the floor, dust furniture, and clean your windows. You can also wash dishes and put fresh sheets on your bed. If you don’t have enough time to do this yourself, you can always ask a friend or family member to help you.
Step 5: Prepare Food and Drinks
To ensure every guest has something to eat, prepare enough food for everyone. For example, if you plan on having a barbeque party, you should prepare at least two burgers per person.
Alternatively, as we already mentioned, you can order takeout. Remember to consult the type of food with your guests so that everyone is satisfied with the choice.
Speaking of drinks, it’s worth considering the inclusion of a classic cocktail like the bees knees. This delightful concoction, made from gin, lemon juice, and honey syrup, is a roaring twenties classic that has grown in popularity recently. Its citrusy and sweet taste profile can create a perfect tropical feel – an excellent option for guests who desire something invigorating.
Think of Unique Party Favors
Besides food and drinks, you should also place some unique favors for the guests. They can be scented candles, mini champagnes, or any other drinks, or you may even place different types of cigars wrapped beautifully. Not all the guests will smoke it. However, most of them will enjoy it with a glass of a favorite drink, and they will surely remember your event for years to come. There are lots of cigar types and brands to choose from. For instance, Partagas cigars can be the perfect party favor for any event. They are known for their rich flavor and smooth smoke and make an excellent after-dinner cigar.
Step 6: Decorate
Once you’re done with all the preparations, it is time to decorate your house for the party. You can either choose a theme or use typical, everyday decorations. The key is that everything should be clean and in order. You shouldn’t only focus on the living room and spend some time decorating other areas of the house.
When choosing decorations, you don’t need to go overboard. Instead, purchase balloons, streamers, crepe paper, and other supplies to set up a theme. You can also use flowers or candles to create a romantic ambiance.
Step 7: Plan Party Games
Games are a great way to get young people involved in the party. Therefore, you should plan some games before your guests arrive. Some of the suggested party games include:
- Charades — If you want to play a classic game, a charade is a great option. You’ll need to select the person acting out a word or phrase, with other people guessing. Once someone guesses the phrase or a word, the other person gets their turn to pantomime.
- Scavenger Hunt — If you want to have fun and get everyone involved in your party, you can organize a scavenger hunt. Split the participants into two teams, with each team getting a list of things they have to find. You can make a manageable list that everyone can complete in less than 30 minutes or a long one that will take some time to finish.
You may also ask your guests if they have any other suggestions for games that they want to play at your home party.
Hosting a successful party is not the most straightforward task to accomplish. However, following the steps mentioned above will help you make the process of planning your upcoming party more manageable, bringing you one step closer to the desired result.
By creating a guest list and planning the theme of your party, you can deal with the chaos and make your home party the best it can be! Remember that you don’t have to spend much money to throw a great party at home. If you lack the funds, you can make just a few minor changes to entertain your guests. After all, it is not the size of the party that matters, but the time you spend with the people you love. Have fun!