So, lets leave it to the professionals, you say. We say there are very valid reasons you should be paying attention to what fluoride is all about. Let’s jump straight into it and have a look at our picks for the best water filters that remove fluoride.
What Are Your Options?
Here are a few Water Filters that not only remove the fluoride from the water, but other harmful minerals. We have given each Water Filter System our H20 Rating and given you our Clean Water Reason for voting these in.
- COUNTERTOP – White dual canisters which look sleek and neat on top of your countertop
- REDUCES – This honey has an impressive list of bacteria that it reduces between 92 and 99.9% – utilizing their unique and powerful AquaMetix® block technology – Here they are – Cryptosporidium, E.Coli Bacteria, Virus Removal, Chloramine, Chlorine, Lead, Herbicides, Pesticides, Glyphosate, VOC’s, heavy metals, Nitrates and Fluoride
- GUARD – Teros in Greek means Guard and that’s what their innovative hollow fiber and filtration technologies does – guards your water
- FLOW – The water is able to flow at 0,5 gallons per minute, so you get a nice steady flow – no waiting around
- ATTACHING – You can attach the TerosTM to any existing faucet via the diverter valve which then draws filters or unfiltered water from the faucet
- UNDERSINK ALTERNATIVE – If you would prefer your water filters to be hidden, Aquacera Teros has an under the sink option too for $219.
On our list of water filters that remove fluoride this guy gets our Clean Water rating of H20 H20 H20 H20 H20 for All Rounder.
- COUNTERTOP – We like the white, slim-line and space-saving design
- REDUCES – The three-stage filter removes 93% of fluoride, chlorine, arsenic and a few other chemicals. Note: it does not remove dissolved solids like calcium and magnesium minerals
- PORTABLE – Due to its compact design, it travels well, should you wish to drink clean water wherever you are traveling to
- INSTALLATION – In a few minutes you should have this baby up and ready to use, no tools necessary, just your fingers
- Boasting a unique filter system, using its granular filter, with compressed discs you can be assured all the water is filtered. should be changed every 3 months or 500 gallons
- ATTACHING – Attaching this filter to your faucet is easy with the sink faucet diverter valve, additional faucet adaptor, long-reach chrome faucet, flexible connection tubing and easy instructions
Making our list of water filters that remove fluoride this fantastic filter gets our Clean Water rating of H20 H20 H20 H20 for Most Portable.
- CONTAINER – Sleek and stainless steel, including 2 Black Berkey Filters and 2 PF Fluoride Filters, 2 Hole Plug, we like the look of this large canister
- CAPACITY – Holds up to 6 gallons of purified water and can filter up to 6.5 gallons per hour. Designed to cater for approximately 35 people
- PORTABLE – Weighing in at 12 lbs., it may be on the heavy side but can be portable too. Suitable for family functions, church gatherings and hospitals, its also perfect for outdoors, with its durable design.
- INSTALLATION – No installation required – ready to use
- FILTER – It filters many harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOC’s, organic solvents and reduces nitrates and nitrites. Berkey boasts that this filter system can remove the food dye from the water too. Along with its specific fluoride filters, you can be assured that your water will be purer than pure
Number 3 on our list of water filters that remove fluoride, this large filter gets our Clean Water rating of H20 H20 H20 H20 for Biggest Capacity.
- CONTAINER – A lovely white and good-looking canister
- FILTER – With their 10 stages of protection, you can be assured of fresh, wonderfully tasting clean water through this filter. Many minerals such as magnesium, potassium, chlorides and fluorides will be left behind once the water has filtered through, leaving your water below EPA minimum requirements
- ATTACHING – Easy installation and attaches to faucet for on the counter use. Conversion kits can be purchased separately for under the sink mounting, if you would prefer for it not to be seen
- REPLACEMENT – Filter needs to be replaced every 1500 gallons of water
- WARRANTY – Includes Ltd 1 year manufacturers warranty for defects in material and workmanship as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee
Number 4 on our list of water filters that remove fluoride, this good-looking filter gets our Clean Water rating of H20 H20 H20 H20 for Most Efficient.
The 101 on Fluoride
Whether it’s the large quantities of fluoride in the USA’s water or just the good dental care, Americans do seem to have the healthiest and whitest looking teeth above all other nationalities. Well, we can debunk those two as myths right now.
First, Dental care, or at least the access to Dental care in America isn’t has hot as it was a few decades ago and research shows us that fluoride ingestion isn’t all its cracked up to be. Here are some scary facts about flouride from Dr. Mercola:
- US residents drink the most fluoridated water than anyone else in the world
- Although the Dental Fraternity promotes fluoride for your teeth’s health, according to the World Health Association (WHO) those countries that have more fluoride in their water don’t necessarily have less tooth decay
- Studies show that fluoride can cause brain damage, lower IQ in children and other health problems like bone cancer, thyroid disease, dementia and bone fractures, just to name a few
- Fluoride can infiltrate itself naturally into our water supplies by way of air pollution, however, even though Fluoridation advocates use this as their defense, it doesn’t mean that a naturally occurring substance is safe. E.g. Arsenic
- 40% of American Teenagers show signs of dental fluorosis, which is a change in the appearance of tooth enamel
- Fluoridated water is highly risky for infants in that it causes dental fluorosis and reduced IQ scores
- Fluoride supplement benefits have never been proved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- In many countries, fluoride is added to the water as a medicine and on the flipside many countries ban this procedure, except for America, stating that to add a “medicine” to the public’s water supply is unacceptable and doesn’t give you the right to informed consent
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) admits that fluoride is only beneficial if applied topically to the teeth i.e. toothpaste, and drinking fluoride offers little or even no benefit to the teeth
- Disadvantaged Communities suffer the most from dental fluorosis
So, following those sobering and scary facts, what can you do to protect your family against fluorosis? Invest in a Water Filter that removes fluoride.
In conclusion … Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink. That little adage means a lot more now, doesn’t it?