BBQs are fun! Parties are fun! And what’s even more fun is BBQ Parties with Pizzazz! Why have just a normal, backyard BBQ when you can fun it up with a cool, summer theme, or a divine disco vibe, or how about a magic movie mania night? Just pop onto Pinterest and you will be thrown dead with awesome ideas. But if you don’t have time for all that, we have put together some of our favorite bbq party ideas for adults, which we are sure you will love too.
If you have space and time, set up a projector outside and play some oldies but goodies from your laptop. Go a step further and do a themed Movie night. Greece comes to mind or even Flash Dance. The options are limitless.
Some Movies Must Have Snack
- Popcorn – who can watch a movie without popcorn? Air-popped popcorn is best and easy. Either buy those little microwave bags or try your hand at popping it in a pot on the BBQ for that authentic touch.
- Burgers and Chips – Burgers are perfect for the BBQ and they are so easy to put together. Get the rolls butters, the cheese grated, the lettuce, tomato, and condiments lined up and everyone can just help themselves.
- Potato Chips in Holders – Such a nifty idea and will go down a treat with your guests.
- Sweets and Snacks – Have little platters of fingerpicking snacks for guests with a sweet tooth to munch on whilst the movie plays
- Soda Surprise – Rent a Soda dispensing machine or fill up glass bottles with different types of gassy drinks with brightly colored straws
Another cool theme is a dance or disco theme to add to your BBQ Party Ideas for Adults. Besides balloons and even a silver mirror ball to add to the vibe, go with some of these:
Alcohol or not, these jello shots will have everyone in a party mood before long. It’s quite easy to make.
- Halve your oranges, scoop out the inner and without wasting blend them into your fave cocktail mix and jello
- Pour the mix into the orange halves, set in the fridge, and serve!
- If the oranges task seems daunting, just use tot glasses and do it the old-fashioned way.
You’ll need a regulation ping-pong table, 12- or 16-oz plastic cups, beer, root beer if playing with kids or any beverage you like, and ping-pong balls.
Glass bottles and straws with colorful cocktail mixes? Sound like it will work. Start collecting those jars and you’re halfway there.
Step it up and host a fun dance-off! Let’s see who has the moves.
Traditional BBQ Party with a Twist
A classic BBQ party never disappoints, and you can add a twist by replacing traditional décor with your own. In decorating, consider picnic-inspired décors like lanterns, mason jars, fresh flowers, and checkered tablecloths. Consider setting up small areas in the backyard with blankets or pillows for a relaxing vibe. Finally, prepare some hot dogs, burgers, macaroni salad, corn on the cob, or chicken. Add ice cream to your list of treats to provide your guests.
Sea-Inspired BBQ Party
If you want to try something new this summer and have a break from the regular chicken or beef, try seafood. For your grill party, consider salmon, shrimp, scallops, or halibut. Add some grilled corn and prepare various pasta recipes such as seafood linguine or lobster macaroni and cheese. Decorations should make the venue resemble the seaside. Consider sand, seashells, and blue décor for a breezy atmosphere.
BBQ Fun Games
How about an afternoon of mini-Olympic games?
A few pieces of a flat board, some wood for the bumpers, and a cheap bowling set – sorted!
If you can get your hands on same size pieces of wood or even plastic wedges, you can have a game of real-life Jenga
Giant Yard Pong
This game is like beer pong except that you’ll need giant cups or buckets for this one. You can also consider playing giant pong in a pool where you can have the buckets float.
Here’s a nifty guide on different backyard games inspired by St. Louis – all involve drinking – so be warned! So BBQs don’t need to be boring or the same ole same ole. Add a little twist – take them out of their comfort zone – and most importantly – Have Fun! Try one of our BBQ Party Ideas for Adults now!