And, maybe you insist on smokers smoking outside, but somehow that smell just makes its way inside. Besides, second-hand smoke is just as bad for you as the real deal.
|Air Purifier||Purification||Price||Our Rating|
|ATMOSPHERE Air Purifier||A+||$$$$|
Atmosphere brings us a unique product in that, with its IntelliSense Technology you can press one button and control the environment in your entire house or office. I love simple!
I was most impressed by their Turbo Power function will clear the air of impurities, in a 390 square foot room, in seconds. Proven! We tested it and we were blown away! (excuse the pun). In my house, noise is part of the furniture and having an apparatus that, while it helps us breathe in fresh air, makes a hell of a noise, does not sit well with me. Atmosphere’s Pureflow System is quiet until you put it on to full power. However, if you play with the power option it does quieten down a bit.
Note to self – remember to change the filters or it does affect the quality. And not the cheapest, in fact, a bit heavy on the pocket, but there is something to be said for quality. Love this guy!
Austen Air brings us a truly hot number here. My husband struggles to sleep most nights and when I read that their filter technology has a profound effect on ones enhanced sleep patterns he grabbed this with both hands. So, after the first night I asked him if it had made a difference and with bright, puffy-less eyes, he smiled and that was all the answer I needed.
Because it has a 360-degree intake system i.e. all the sides are utilized, you are assured of maximum filtering for a fresh room. We liked this a lot as it meant we didn’t have to be rotating the unit every few hours.
If you need your unit to be mobile then this is the guy for you. The wheels make for an easily moved unit – so you can use him in any room that has a power supply. A little downer was that the wheels sometimes stick as you roll her, but not a train-smash really. While not the prettiest looking purifier, it does do its job well. Big high five here!
SECOND-HAND SMOKE SCARY BRIEF
Second-hand smoke contains more than 7000 harmful chemicals. In addition, second-hand smoke can cause cancer – affecting the larynx, pharynx nasal sinuses, brain, bladder and stomach to name but a few.
In children, it can lead to liver cancer, brain tumors, leukemia, and lymphoma. Second-hand smoke can cause children to get sick more often, have lung related illnesses like bronchitis, cough more often and develop ear infections.
Asthma sufferers will most definitely be affected by the smoke that lingers long after a smoker has left.
For infants, it has been known to influence SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome), which while is a gray area, is worth paying attention to.
Do you need more reasons to clear the air of that awful pungent smoke smell? Invest in the best air purifier for smoke – that is what you should be doing! But before you do, here are a few tips to choosing the best air purifier for you.
HOW TO LOOK AFTER YOUR AIR PURIFIER
- First, you want to unplug the unit before attempting any sort of clean up operation. Seems like an obvious first move, but I will have you know most don’t think of this and the potential dangers in fiddling around with a live and connected piece of machinery.
- In addition, before unplugging, make sure you have switched off the unit and then wait a minute or two before unplugging from the wall.
- Don’t poke in or drop anything into any of the openings of the unit.
- Don’t place anything, no matter how light, on top of the unit.
- The purifier should only be used in rooms where the temperature is between 40 and 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Yip, these guys can overheat!
- Clean the outside of the unit with a damp, soft cloth. Do not use any detergents or soap.
- Do not let water into or onto the main housing area.
- Removable filters can be vacuumed gently with a soft suction.
- Filter and vents that cannot be removed can be rubbed with a soft brush or gently vacuumed.
- HEPA and CARBON filters should not be washed. They, generally, get replaced after 6 – 12 months, dependent on the manufacturers instructions.
- Do not pull your air purifier around by the electric cord. This will eventually cause damage and electric issues.
- Do not use the unit if the electric cable is damaged in any manner.
So, besides that overwhelming and dangerous smoke pollution, you are killing a multitude of other potentially harmful air polluters by investing in an air purifier. So many reasons to go out and buy one of the best air purifiers for smoke … and more!